I was recently honored by Julie DeNeen who awarded me (and several other bloggers) the Versatile Blogger Award! Julie has been a huge inspiration to me on this crazy freelance writing journey. Although, I haven’t really had a chance to tell her how much of an influence she really has had. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been ready to throw in the towel. Inevitably, Julie would post a new hub, or blog post and it would snap me back to reality.
I’m very honored and would like to say thank you Julie!! You’re too kind!!
So, I can choose up to 15 bloggers to give this award to; however, only one blogger I follow hasn’t already been nominated (Janine and Michelle beat me to it!). So without further ado:
I am giving the Versatile Blogger award to…
…(fumbles with envelope)…
Okay, so the rules for the VBA:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Now, I have to reveal 7 things about myself. I’m not sure I can think of 7 things to reveal, but I’ll try!
- I choose the name Daughter of Maat to represent the value I place on integrity. Maat was the Egyptian Goddess of Truth and Moral Integrity and the deciding factor on who was escorted to the Egyptian underwold by Anubis or eaten by the Goddess Ammit. I wanted my writing to be known for its integrity and truth.
- I’m addicted to my home management binder. I’m constantly planning my week and days (and I do actually stick to the plan!). I have a page for planning my writing and a page for planning my house work for the week. I also have a daily page that I don’t use everyday, but on especially busy days isn’t large enough to put everything I need on it. I’m also constantly searching for new planning pages!!
- I absolutely adore my ragged old car. It looks like crap, but runs like a the day I bought. It’s paid for, and is the only thing that has been there throughout my life consistently and never let me down. My spirit guide also resides in it, so I’m pretty attached.
- I’m a medium. I can see, hear and talk to spirits.
- I love books, specifically their smell. But, I love reading books. I prefer nonfiction over fiction, but on occasion I’ll read something in the medical fiction genre like Robin Cook.
- I met my husband video gaming on xbox live. He drove 2000 miles to be with me, and the day we met, he moved in. He’s my soulmate and my rock. He’s the only person that has been there consistently and never let me down in the past 8 years, and he has the same value of integrity I do (which is really hard to find). We have a 6 year old daughter together, who plays xbox.😀 (The link in this to video gaming goes to the story of how we met written by my husband on Hubpages).
- I have a biphasic sleep schedule. I sleep in two segments, one segment is 4.5 hours and the second is 1.5 hours. This schedule has given me an extra 14 hours in my week, and all that time is spent writing (or cleaning). This is the only way I can fit in writing, homeschooling, and house work!
I put links in the above points mainly to provide clarification on some things that many people might not know about. If you’re interested feel free to click, if not, I won’t be upset if you don’t! I wasn’t trying to be self-promotional, I just wanted to provide information (and keep the points short, which as you can see, was difficult!)