Did I get your attention? Ha!! Made ya look…
First things first, don’t worry, I’ll get to the dildos…
My good friend, Janine, the sweetest person I know, was kind enough to award me the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award!!! AAAHHHH!!!!
Thank You, Janine!!
You’re too kind!!
Now the Rules of this Award:
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you – Thank you Janine!! tee hee….
- Include the logo in your post.
- Note 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award onto some other wonderful woman bloggers.
- Grab the button for your sidebar!!
Okay, I love this part…
Mainly because I like reading what everyone else says. Did you really think I was that conceited? Geez…
Seven Things About Me:
- I absolutely love winter because of the cold weather. I’d much rather be cold than hot.
- We don’t celebrate Christmas, we celebrate Yule – the Winter Solstice.
- I have one particular pen that I write with, and if I lose it, I go nuts. Seriously, I can’t function without my Navy blue Quixin pen.
- I rarely read fiction novels. Everything I read is informational, I especially love medical textbooks.
- I LOVE semantics. Since words are our primary type of communication, whether written or spoken, they should carefully be chosen. For every word there are several others that mean something similar, which can allow us to say exactly what we are thinking if we take the time to think about what we are saying.
- My favorite bands are Combichrist and Tool. Ya, I like the hardcore stuff. Both bands use my favorite curse word repeatedly…
- I’m in love with dragons. I have dragons everywhere.
Okay, now for the good stuff… I’m officially awarding the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award toooooooo…. fumbling with envelope… Sorry, these things always do this to me! Erf, humpf… RIP…. *expletive* GOT IT!!! We’re ok… Got it….! The Award goes to….
Congrats Anna!! 😀
and onto the stuff you’ve all been waiting for…
Did you know the dildo is older than the wheel??
No joke, I’m totally not kidding. I saw a tweet about it, and decided I had to know if it was true or not. Rather than typing “Dildo” into Bing and getting a bunch of porn on my PC, I went to Wikipedia. Sure enough, it’s true! The dildo is over 30,000 years old!!
Are you thinking what I was thinking?
What the heck did they make it out of? Yep, me too. The oldest known dildo was 20 centimeters in length (which if you’re wondering is approximately 8 inches) and was made of siltstone. It was 30,000 years old from the Upper Paleolithic period, and found near Ulm, Germany.
Other materials used to create the prehistoric phallus included (get this!) stone, tar (eeww – talk about crouch-rot! Ick!!), and wood among other things. The tar was bad enough, but wood??? Really?? I can imagine how many women suffered splinters of the vagina…. ouch!!! I found a picture of a Mahogany dildo on Wikipedia, but rather than post it on my blog, I figured I’d just link to the picture.
Well, now I know way more than I ever needed (or wanted) to know about dildos, but hey, I learned something today right?? Greg is still laughing….