I love the New Year. It’s a fresh start for anyone and everyone, and we can all use a clean slate to start from once in a while. I’m no exception.
2012 was a hard year for me as many of you know. The one thing that has been hanging over my head the most is my lack of self discipline with my exercise regimen. I had lost 70lbs and gained so much lean muscle that I had almost completely eliminated my risk of type II diabetes. But because of my husband’s injury and loss of work, I haven’t worked out in months. I haven’t gained the weight back, but I’ve lost the majority of the muscle. It took me 18 months to get where I was, and only about 3 months to lose it.
What really pisses me off? The self discipline I had is completely gone. I was getting up at 04:00 every morning before work and working out for 3 hours. What he hell happened to me?
That’s what really f@#$ing pisses me off.
But it’s a New Year.
In order to take advantage of the beautifully clean slate, as I said in my earlier post, I’m taking this blog in a new direction which means the blog will not only have a new look, it will also have a new voice, and I intend to make it mine.
And I love to curse.
They say you have to find your “blogger voice.” I’ve found this a bit difficult because of fear. Fear of what people may think of me, fear that people may not read my blog, fear that I might come across as a bad person, you name it, I feared it.
Fear can be paralyzing.
But, my blog needs to be me, and I need to be myself. If people don’t like it, they don’t have to read it, right? Sugar-coating and no foul language is just not me, and that’s a major reason I didn’t keep up with the blog in the past.
Let’s just say it’s going to be a bit grittier…
Why am I telling you this? Because it’s one of my goals for 2013 of course! No, cussing more is not a goal…
I want this blog to be a haven for women who are going through similar trials and tribulations and you know what? Damn it, we cuss when life throws us curve balls. We also cry, become depressed and feel like we’re ready to give up.
Been there, done that.
But this is my life. I’m not about to let anyone but me (maybe my hubby) tell me how to live it. I want to share that sense of determination with other WAHMs who maybe feeling the way I did just a few short weeks ago.
So my blog goals for 2013 include:
- Blog Daily – or at least 6 times a week
- Read more blogs and get to know my fellow mommy bloggers – I really need to stop being antisocial!
- Comment as often as possible on blogs I really enjoy reading (most of which involve cussing…lol)
- Be more active with the Bloppy Bloggers FB group that I adore! (Love you guys!)
- Incorporate more personal anecdotes as examples for other WAHMs – and I have quite a few…
- Plan my blog diligently – I already printed out the calendar and if you want an awesome blog planner, you can download it by clicking on the picture to the right
Of course I have a multitude of personal goals to work on as well. Although, I’m not quite finished planning those, here are a few of the things I’m planning to work on:
- Get back to my regular exercise routine
- Get back on my diet
- Take more pictures!
- Catch up on my scrapbooking and scrapbook more often
- Finish the crochet blanket and cross stitch projects I’ve been trying to finish for the past year
- Get the maintenance done on the car
- Systematically go through all of our belongings and get rid of the things we don’t need or love
- Plan, plan, plan
I have quite a few more, but that’s just what I have written down at the moment. Like I said I’m still working on all of my goals for the year. I’ve been working on the steps to reach the goals as well which is why it’s taking so freakin’ long.
I also have several writing goals that I’ll be working on including:
- Finish the HP apprenticeship (this is month 6 WOOHOO!!)
- Continue building my brand
- Write more frequently for Knoji
- Work on getting more clients
As you can see, I’ve got quite a bit planned for this year. I didn’t set any goals for 2012, and I’m surprised I accomplished as much as I did. I need to have a set plan, otherwise I have no direction. And when I have no direction, I get completely lost, depressed and become nothing but a pile of couch potato goo. Yes, that’s a technical term.
So I wish everyone a VERY happy 2013! And I’m looking forward to watching this new year unfold. Until tomorrow!